Tuesday, March 21, 2006

SAND HILL CRANES

The Common Loon. Always alone in solotude. Dale Hollow Lake, Tennessee 2005 The Sandhill Crane When this group of birds left the ground as one; they sounded like a locomotive. Their wingflaps beat in such a way as too create a roaring sound. Quit impressive! These Sandhill Cranes are feeding in a field adjacent to a marshland area at Hiawassi Stopped at Hiawassi Lake on the way back from Dale Hollow lake a couple months ago to see the Sand Hill Cranes. This fantastic bird enjoys a sanctuary provided by TWRA. They are huge and share this pristine refuge with the almost extinct Whooping Crane. The photos are the best I could do with the camera I had, which is digital. I threw in a couple pictures of the Common Loon which is an extra elusive bird to photograph. Just can't get close to them.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I appreciate your interest in my blog and welcome your comments