Tuesday, November 3, 2020

THE RED TAIL HAWK

 This hawk is about 250 yards away from the camera.  I noticed him on a leaf barron tree.  The blond plumage on his chest was prominent at the top of the old oak.  The lens is a Sigma sports lens 600mm focal length.  I was driving down a country road in my truck and noticed the hawk.  Wow!  He or she was beautiful and I stopped and backed up to a good vantage point.   The lighting was absolutely perfect and permitted me to set the ISO at 100 (perfect for cropping with minimum to no pixelation) and the shutter speed settled in at 1/400th of a sec - a great speed to minimize or stop minor movement.  The rest is history.  I'm pleased with the results.










No comments :

Post a Comment

I appreciate your interest in my blog and welcome your comments