Monday, October 4, 2021

PHASMATODEA (Stick Bug)

 

 I had the wrong camera with me when I came across this beauty.  The Phasmatodea, or Walking Stick is an amazing creature and most welcome at my home.

Walking sticks are herbivores that enjoy dining on the leaves of deciduous trees and shrubs such as oak, rose, rhododendron, ivy, eucalyptus, apple and strawberry. Their feeding activity may be beneficial because they prune foliage, encouraging new plant growth.

The Stick insects have unique camouflage qualities to protect themselves from its predator, the most important thing they can do. Since they are herbivorous, they do not bite or sting humans or other insects. ... You won't die from a Walking Stick Bug bite; their pinch feels like a tiny needle pinch.

 









 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I appreciate your interest in my blog and welcome your comments