Thursday, April 12, 2007

BOAT UPGRADE

I have been very busy this spring and am having trouble getting it all together. The job at the Harley store keeps me hopping and my animal friends are doing a good job of taking time too. I did get an enclosure put on my boat. This will allow me to be on the water summer and winter in any kind of weather. I can and will put a kerosene heater on board in colder weather. There is a catch I discovered, however. A strong wind blew up and pulled the left side off the snaps. I called the person who made the enclosure and suggested they sew a six inch strip of canvas around the bottom of the enclosure and attach fastex buckles and straps. I'll run these straps through eyelets attached to the gunwhale and cinch them down to take pressure off the snaps. This is a neat top and sides with plenty of vision. There is a back enclosure also. The pictures do not show it. I haven't tried it yet as I want the modification done with the straps before I hit the water with it. The good old rain suit will have to do till then.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I appreciate your interest in my blog and welcome your comments