Thursday, July 10, 2014

PRETTY LAKE SHOTS ON DOUGLAS LAKE - if that's possible.

An average day on Douglas Lake - no mammals or birds - no amphibians or reptiles.  Just to many people!  But now and again I let my mind fantasize I'm somewhere else.








These pictures are nothing more than a summer cloak to hide the ugly mud and lake clutter that will arrive in the fall.
 No, the turtles aren't from Douglas Lake.  Douglas has not turtles.  If there are any, they will die when the lake is drained each year, or all the pleasure boat props will smash them to smithereens.  I just inserted this picture to add an animal to the entry.







 This little ring billed gull didn't want to land here on Douglas Lake.  He was on his way to the Holston River and got blown off course.   Hes the only bird I saw all day.  Amazing!  


No comments :

Post a Comment

I appreciate your interest in my blog and welcome your comments