Monday, January 8, 2018

PIGEON RIVER AT WATERVILLE TENNESSEE/ NORTH CAROLINA

The Pigeon River runs into Tennessee from the output of the Duke Power Dam at Waterville exit on I40 East toward North Carolina.  This river runs close to the Smoky Mountain National Park and through some really gorgeous mountain country.
 This little store sits way back behind the power dam at a campground along side a trout stream that flows into the Pigeon River.
These shots were taken on a particularly cold, freezing morning when temps were near zero
 Water is covered in ice and snow



 Lots of ice and snow

 I noticed this church sign and decided to stop by.  I went three miles up the narrow mountain road and turned around at the first possible place and returned to earth.  Wow, was that road narrow and steep.  Not for me.




Notice the ladder crossing the creek in the above shot.  This was taken from that little narrow road up the mountain to the church.  Scary!






No comments :

Post a Comment

I appreciate your interest in my blog and welcome your comments