Friday, August 4, 2006

Cherhowee Lake

Well, I haven't been doing so well at keeping this thing up to date. When the weather is as good as its been, I keep very busy on the lakes or on the motorcycle. Lately I have been spending a good bit of time on Cherhowee Lake. Its not an enormous lake like some but its the most pristine I have been on here in Tennessee. The water temperatures hover in the low seventies as opposed to impoundments on the Little Tennessee and Tennessee rivers which hang around at mid eighties. Fort Loudoun Lake was 83 degrees yesterday.. The cold water of Cherhowee Lake makes it ideal for trout. Bass like warmer water. But the trout is at home in cold water. Cherhowee is full of Lake, Rainbow and even Brown Trout. TWRA stocks it but I really don't think its necessary. And the beauty of it all is the absence of man. No houses, no marinas and no jet ski's. It is pristine with clear cold water. And its a deep lake. The pictures above do not do it justice.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I appreciate your interest in my blog and welcome your comments