Thursday, July 14, 2011

A GIFT FOR DOUGLAS AND I

A close friend in Pennsylvania created this beautiful memory of Douglas for me.  It captures his innocence and beauty.  I wept when I opened the package and saw my little boy.  His beauty and total innocence is captured for all time in this piece of art.  Douglas will always be more than a memory to me.  He is with me every day and I talk to him out loud when the boat draws near a beautiful cove or shoreline that I know he'd like.  My little golden boy's body was broken beyond repair but my memory of him is vivid and will remain so till I am no more.  No other golden dog will ever take his place. Douglas will always be the Golden Dog of the Lakes.   I miss him terribly;  so terribly!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I appreciate your interest in my blog and welcome your comments