Sunday, December 16, 2012

MY MOST TREASURED POSESSION

There is an entry below this one that I posted only this morning.




I was moving things around and I moved this little book case into my computer room.  I brought my little boy up here also where I can look at him.  Its the first time I've had him where my eye could fall upon him at any time.  It's still difficult but I feel better with him near.  For those of you who haven't been with this blog very long - this is Douglas.  He was my best friend who I assigned the title of "Golden Dog of the Lakes" because we were inseparable and he accompanied me daily on the state boat while I performed my job for TWRA on the lakes of East Tennessee.  It seems so long ago yet, in my mind it was just yesterday.  He was my best friend and will always be my little boy.  And I miss him so badly!








FRIENDS FOREVER

3 comments :

  1. I wish I had know Douglas even just for one belly rub on him. You will see him again I am sure. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was the most beautiful boy! I love the puppy picture, and the swimming picture... how lucky you were to have him!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your interest in my blog and welcome your comments