Saturday, January 12, 2013

A YOUNG BALD EAGLE

SHOTS TAKEN WITH SIGMA 500MM IS TELEPHOTO


I must be nuts.  I'm on Douglas Lake, the mud hole, in my boat.  I told the American Eagle Foundation (AEF) folks that I would try to maintain some sort of eagle count on Douglas Lake even though I'm no longer assigned to the lake.  The lake is muddy and very shallow.  I ran into a very big, young eagle about a mile upstream.  Anyway, here are a few shots of him,  and yes, the light was terrible.  They always seem to sit with the sun to their backs forcing me to shoot into the sun.  If that sky would have been blue today - these would be gorgeous shots.  Did the best I could.  








 



I've got the tung oil out and am preparing to apply a coat to the ash trim on the canoe.  I believe we'll be going for a canoe ride very soon.  See ya.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I appreciate your interest in my blog and welcome your comments