Wednesday, February 13, 2013

TURKEYS, TURKEYS EVERYWHERE

This is a short, little entry.  A lady saw some turkey pictures on the blog and commented that she had never seen a wild turkey before and thought they looked odd.  I began to think that there must be others not familiar with this bird.  In response to that comment - here are some wild turkeys for you Karen, and anyone else who is curious.


















The bird below is a red tail hawk.  I know what you're thinking.  Red Tail's are not blond.  But, they can be.  This is an example of the blond variation of the red tail hawk and they are common along the Holston River, for some reason.  The shots were long and I couldn't wait for a better shot because it was pouring rain and I feared for the safety of my camera and lens.  But, the pictures should give you an idea of what the blond variation of this bird looks like.




2 comments :

  1. Lots of Turkey here.In my home part of NY state they have populated so much that they have become a pest,wipe out gardens and crops,have an adverse affect on the deer herd and the Roughed Grouse because they really clean up the mast.Like to much of a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your interest in my blog and welcome your comments