Tuesday, July 16, 2013

DECEIT



Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "A MOTORCYCLE RANT":

Howdy! Quick question that's entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My web site looks weird when browsing from my iphone 4. I'm trying to
find a theme or plugin that might be able to
fix this problem. If you have any suggestions, please share.
With thanks!

Here is my blog: learn to sing
NOTE:  I wouldn't click on that "learn to sing" link.  Hard to say where it will lead.

What you see above is one of many anonymous comments I've received over the past few months from people asking questions or telling me how great the blog is and offering their assistance in writing my blog.  Funny thing is they don't always show in the comment section.  I removed the ones I found.   In reality its a way for them to post their blog or web site address on someone else s blog to gain publicity and to get readers of this blog to click on their supplied address.  In this case "learn to sing" is a link to this person's blog site, or something worse.  This is despicable to me.  It's unethical and sneaky.  If someone wants to publish their web site on my blog, all they have to do is join the blog and their site address will be on the little square depicting their membership.  I don't like being deceived.  If anyone else tries this sneaky approach I'll start moderating the comments before posting and just delete your comment.  In short - I don't like deceivers.  They are the same as thieves to me.  And, if I view you as a thief - you really don't want to give me your web site address.  Trust me on that.

  

5 comments :

  1. the song used to be HE has the whole world in HIS hands.... what ever happened to mans kindness? sorry Gary for your troubles and I am sorry this blog was not one of your adventures to make me feel good I have come to rely on that lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's no trouble at all. The comments will simply come to my email and I'll approve or disapprove them. Its just that it seems people are so deceitful and underhanded these days. Always looking for an angle instead of just being straight forward with their desires and asking permission etc. I'd gladly post anyone's blog or web site on my blog as long as it reflects the same flavor as my blog. But, I'll not let anyone try to act like they are interested in my blog only to stick their web link on it to gain their own publicity.

      Delete
    2. If anyone's comments are about something that has fur, fins or feathers and barks or has two wheels on it or maybe a paddle or a tent - welcome aboard. Everyone else, please send me an email. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Go get them suckers Gary. I hate them bastards with a passion. Ought to hang them when they catch them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary, I get these most weeks, but they go into my Spam and I just delete them.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your interest in my blog and welcome your comments