Wednesday, November 9, 2011

THE VISION

It was totally dark all around me--pitch black.  Two orange eyes showed through the dark, moving toward me.  The eyes were fixed on my face as they came closer.  Then, they were directly in front of me and suddenly disappeared as I felt a warm breeze blow against my right pant leg in passing.   Soon a vertical slit of light appeared, bottom to top of the darkness and it slowly opened up allowing bright white light to pierce the darkened space, and it warmed my face.  I walked through the opening, unafraid, and looked down.  Douglas was standing in front of me, his beautiful face looking up at mine with soft eyes that could see into my very soul.    He held his gaze for a full minute.  I reached down to touch my sweet, golden son on the muzzle and my hand passed through him and he evaporated before my eyes.  I got out of bed and stumbled to the shower.

1 comment :

  1. He was put on this earth for you, that's why this bond is so strong. We lost a dear friend last year, I couldn't find the words to write what I was feeling but remembered an old Earl Hamner Jr. story... http://grannymountain.blogspot.com/2011/02/we-said-goodbye-to-faithful-friend.html

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your interest in my blog and welcome your comments