Monday, August 19, 2013

REPLACEMENT CANOE

http://garysoutdoorwanderings2.blogspot.com/2013/07/defect-in-my-kevlar-canoe.html

The link above will take you to the entry where I explained with pictures, the defects my Esquif kevlar Attikimek canoe has developed.  The outer gel coat is pulling away from the kevlar lay-up which is very unusual.  When the gel coat and kevlar are bonded properly - nothing can separate them, not even hammer blows.  But, things happen.

The good thing about all this is that Esquif is giving me a new canoe to replace this defective one.  That is greater than great and proves them to be a customer oriented company!  Lancaster County Marine in Pennsylvania is handling the canoe transfer as that is where I purchased my Esquif canoe.  Those folks are the best of the best and are also committed to customer satisfaction.  All I have to do is sit back and wait.  I'm dying to get that kevlar canoe for an extended paddle trip on the Holston River.   It shouldn't be long now.