Monday, August 19, 2013

REPLACEMENT CANOE

http://garysoutdoorwanderings2.blogspot.com/2013/07/defect-in-my-kevlar-canoe.html

The link above will take you to the entry where I explained with pictures, the defects my Esquif kevlar Attikimek canoe has developed.  The outer gel coat is pulling away from the kevlar lay-up which is very unusual.  When the gel coat and kevlar are bonded properly - nothing can separate them, not even hammer blows.  But, things happen.

The good thing about all this is that Esquif is giving me a new canoe to replace this defective one.  That is greater than great and proves them to be a customer oriented company!  Lancaster County Marine in Pennsylvania is handling the canoe transfer as that is where I purchased my Esquif canoe.  Those folks are the best of the best and are also committed to customer satisfaction.  All I have to do is sit back and wait.  I'm dying to get that kevlar canoe for an extended paddle trip on the Holston River.   It shouldn't be long now.

2 comments :

  1. Well that is good news. I was wondering about that
    Evidently an old style company that stands behind their product. Cheers to them,not enough of that attitude anymore.Good luck with the new canoe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's strange I put a comment on last night and it is gone. Anyway,I was glad to hear about the canoe I was wondering about it. Glad to see there is still company's that stand behind their products. Not enough of that today. Good luck with the new one.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your interest in my blog and welcome your comments