Sunday, November 10, 2013

DON'T FORGET WHO PROTECTED THIS COUNTRY - AN IMPORTANT DAY APPROACHES

http://worriersanonymous.org/Share/Mansions.htm

No matter how insensitive, reluctant or politically afraid this current government is to "honestly and resolutely" feel and express the appreciation that those who gave their all for us - you and I can express ourselves to those who have displayed dedication and bravery to protect the flag of our country.  Political statements are useless words. Patriotic American hearts who appreciate the "American Heritage" and the blood that was shed protecting it are the only voices that matter.  The following words say it all:

In Flanders Fields
By: Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae, MD (1872-1918)
Canadian Army

In Flanders Fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.




A tribute for all service personnel
I Never Was A Soldier
By Randall Baxter
I never was a soldier,
But I played one as a child.
History was good to me.
I grew up free and wild.
No frozen feet, or jungle sweat,
Or bombs fell on my head.
There were always soldiers,
While I slept in my bed.
A fireman in a blown out hole,
Held a flag and cried a tear.
A soldier walked right up and said,
“I’ll take that from here”!

And now they find the mass graves,
Of those who were not free.
Where were THEIR soldiers,
Like the ones who work for me.


No comments :

Post a Comment

I appreciate your interest in my blog and welcome your comments